Thursday, September 17, 2009

Miracle Paint

Last week I had an interesting task; I was to paint our condo in Arizona in preparation for renters coming in October 1st. The renters are my roommate from Nurses Training and her husband.

We had discussed color. I wanted to make the three-bedroom condo "interesting" with doing a bit of color. She said that she preferred white or cream in every room - no additional color. "Oh well," I thought, "she's gonna live there so I guess I will acquiesce and paint an off-white or cream color."

A friend there in Arizona had two five gallon buckets of paint that he was not going to use, and offered them to me. The paint was white, he said. So I went to Home Depot to ask how to make the paint a cream color, and was instructed just how to do so. My adopted son, Robbie and I opened a five gallon bucket and added the right color to make cream - at least it looked cream to us.

As we put it on the wall in the guest room, we were shocked that the color was a soft beige/taupe/creamy color - actually very beautiful! We painted the guest room, the master bedroom and the family room that color. By then, we were nearly out of that color. So on to bucket number two.

Robbie had gone home for the night, so I decided I would begin painting the kitchen ceiling with the white of the second bucket, but alas, the paint looked pink! I tried some in the living room - still pink! So I decided to give up until morning, and went to bed early.

In the morning, the painted patch on the kitchen ceiling and in the living room was still pink - but it was a very soft dusty mauve-pink and very pretty. Now the interesting thing is that the kitchen counter is that color and the Kohler sink is too! The living room carpet is dusty rose. So when Robbie arrived and was shocked as I was, we decided to start painting the living room, and I called my roommate to come and look at the color. When she did, she fell in love with it! So.o.o the living room and kitchen are that wonderful "mauvey" color, the master bedroom, guest room and family room are taupey-cream, and the study is "pistachio - the previous tenants had started painting it green.

I'm happy that the condo is not all white, my roommate and her hubby are ecstatic with how it all looks and God gets the credit for painting white and transforming (as He always does with people who are drab and need light) into harmony and beauty! When we allow God to interject His color into our lives, we can become His color, transforming those around us, by the affect that our changes create.

Back to Home Page

No comments:

Post a Comment