Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Countdown to Christmas

Lately I have been going into stores or to a Doctor's Appointment, and seem to be frequently asked, "Are you ready for Christmas?" Am I? I wonder.

Let's see: I have gifts for everyone, except Christopher, but I will get him a gift certificate to a restaurant. He can get a few good meals with that, and single guys ought to like that. Joshua - well he and Bobby are concerns!
Oh yea, Bobby will be starting school (college) soon and perhaps a good backpack would be nice for him. Not sure about Joshus, but I'll check with his Mom.

I have bought all the cookie ingredients I need for the gingerbread boys for the church children, and I have almost all I need, except the fresh food, for the Christmas Eve Family gathering. I have the canned goods put aside for the Christmas basket at church, I have those three pairs of pajamas for the children of the needy family, but I do have wrapping to do yet. And the house needs cleaning after all the baking coming up.

So am I ready for Christmas? Well, in my heart (which is the most important place) I am definately ready for the celebration of the greatest gift ever. The thought that He, a member of the Godhead, was willing to take the form of a baby, live within a young woman for nine months and be born like you and I (well, sort of - a manger is not exactly a clean and sterile birthing room) and carry the issues from the woman who mothered Him and the father who raised Him and then be the sacrifice to insure our salvation - WOW! That REALLY calls for an internal celebration in the hearts of ALL mankind!

You may not have all the gifts beautifully wrapped, the house neat and tidy or the cookies baked, but if you have pondered in your heart the real "Reason for the Season", then you are ready to celebrate with more than fruitcake and tea; you are ready to give your heart to the babe in the manger, to the Sacrificial Lamb, to the King of Kings and Lord or Lords - and that's what really matters!

Back to Home Page

No comments:

Post a Comment