Monday, July 11, 2011

Frustrating Days

I’m sure that you have ‘em too; those days when you sorta’ wish you’d never gotten out of bed! Today was one of those days for me.

First of all, when I awakened and did get out of bed, my Hubby was nowhere to be found. It took a couple of minutes to remember that he had an early morning appointment for our car, which, when you put on the brakes makes a growling sound, and doesn’t want to stop properly. So I figured that since our early morning ritual had been interrupted by needed car repair, I would scrape the peeling paint off of our two door trims, and repaint the trim.

Well . . . I did the scraping, and then went to the shed for the primer. No primer. Couldn’t find the exterior paint either, or the “good” paint brushes. Oh well, the scraping done, I opted for another chore. Pull back the gravel that had snuck out the end of our driveway, but halfway through that job, I was beyond exhausted, and my back was screaming. “So what,” I thought, “it’s half-done anyway.”

So I returned into the house, overheated and back aching, and decided to sit with an ice pack, a bowl of cereal, and my computer. I’ll write the blog, I figured. Cereal devoured and back pain easing, I tried for the blog, but couldn’t get on the spot for blogging.

After a brief rest, I opted to get out the paint I bought weeks ago for the new color on the Living room walls (two of them) and painted two large spots. Figured I’d better wait until Ron came home to love or hate the color. He likes it!

Ron came home with the news that the AC had also gone out on the car – oh the virtues of living on Social Security with no extra cash for such pricey problems, but the Lord will supply, I keep telling myself. Know why? Somehow, He always does, and at the end of the day, some of the painting is done, and half the driveway, the blog is written, and the rest will get done when it does. In His time, In His time. He makes all things beautiful, In His time.

Tell us about your days . . .





Back to Home Page

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had quite a day. I appreciate your attitude about the frustrations you ran into. It's something I aspire to more of. My day was spent figuring out how to cook without sugar. My Crohn's flared-up and the result of new allergy testing was that, among other things, I should eliminate all sugar. Not the first choice for someone with a sweet tooth! :) I spent the day reminding myself (as I thought of all the things I now don't know how to cook or can't) that what the new diet alterations mean is that I will be living pain free, and that is a huge blessing I have enormous thanks to give to my Father for. ~Cresaya

    ReplyDelete