Thursday, August 16, 2012

Attitude of Gratitude

Posted 8/2/12

Everyone experiences hills and valleys along the Journey of life. Reminds me of a poem my Grandma had decorating her wall: "God has not promised skies always blue, flower strewn pathways all our lives through."

AND, the Good Book, especially the Psalms, counsels us to be grateful for the trials AND the treasures we experience. Experiencing the trials are part of the joy felt when they are relieved. The pain now is part of the joy then.

Where is this coming from? It's coming from the relief I feel now that my miserable cough is done with! Somehow I KNEW it was an allergic thing, but it would progress over and over again to bronchitis, requiring antibiotics to cure. This last bout has been treated with an injection for allergies, which produced relief in 2 hours. Now I can sleep nights, and don't hack continually. It is true! The joy NOW is a part of the PAIN then!

Yes, it's a play on words, but all I know is that I am extremely grateful to a Dr. who listens to her patients and is willing to try their suggestions. Thank you Dr. Martinez, and thank you God!

Back to Home Page

No comments:

Post a Comment