Thursday, August 16, 2012

More....

Posted 1/26/12

More . . .

Why is it, as humans, we seem to learn things the hard way? Or maybe it's just me.

I have learned a difficult lesson in the last couple of weeks, and my health took a dive because of it. Fortunately, I'm on my way back now.

What I learned was this - don't keep doing the same thing over and over again hoping for different or better results. I used to believe the addage that "if at first you don't succeed, try, try again," and now I am not so sure about that old saying (the way I had previously lived my life). More and more I am coming to learn that there are some things in life not worth frustrating, fretting or even fighting over. When you get the message that you're just banging your head against the wall, quit banging or eventually you'll have brain damage and die!

So "Be still and Know" is very sound advice. I chose that better part this week, partly out of more frustration and partly out of what I considered defeat and others not wanting to hear what I had to say. My blood pressure will come to within normal limits because of it and while I may not see the results that were originally planned, at least I can shrug my shoulders and not feel responsible. I can remain in the arms of God, resting and being content.

So can you . . .

Back to Home Page

No comments:

Post a Comment