Friday, June 17, 2011

Be Sure of Where You're Going

Be Sure of Where You’re Going!

This story is really an adjunct to our article in this newsletter. It’s about our trip to 3 ABN on June 7th – the day before we filmed the interview about Heart Connection.

We arrived at the St. Louis airport at 1:30 pm and headed for the Rental Cars and the car that would take us to our destination. “Do you have an idea where Franklin, Illinois is?” Ron asked the car attendant. “Yes Sir, I do, he replied and after advising directions, sent us on our way. We knew we had about a two and one half hour drive there from the St. Louis airport.

Our trip was lovely. We chatted about the lovely scenery along the way, the many fields of corn growing at various stages of development, and that we must be going a different way than we had last time, because we didn’t recognize things along the way. Oh well, it was just enjoyable being together and having an “adventure.”

Arriving in Franklin, we began looking for familiar landmarks to direct us to 3 ABN, but couldn’t find any. Rather than feeling frustrated, we decided to ask a garage mechanic.

“Never heard of it,” he replied.

“That’s strange. It’s a huge complex,” Ron remarked. “It’s an international Television Station – lots of acreage.”

“Not familiar to me, but let’s look in the phonebook,” the mechanic offered.

M.m.m. not there either. “Let me call my son and have him look on his computer,” the kindly man suggested.

Moments later, the phone rang and the son said that he’d looked up 3 ABN and the facility was located in Frankfort, Illinois. Franklin, Frankfort. Well they sounded alike, but we soon found out that they weren’t nearly the same place. We discovered how precise one has to be when it comes to destinations!

A two and a half hour ride back to St. Louis and a two and a half hour ride in the opposite direction from where we had gone, and by 9 pm we were at our little guest room at 3 ABN.

Are you sure of your destination? And are you sure how to get there. Is your map helping you on your Journey, or are you looking to the wrong advice.

Remember, LIFE IS A JOURNEY, and only you have the map. EXCEL!

Read the full article in the soon-coming June Newsletter. Don’t get the newsletter?

Go to www.fixablelife.com and subscribe. It’s FREE!

Back to Home Page

7 comments:

  1. I remember driving with Eric and he loves to just take a road to see where it goes. I hate this I want to know exactly where I'm going and how long it will take so I don't waste time. I'm so thankful that I have recovered to the point that I can relax no matter where I am...now I just have to work on relaxing no matter who's driving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi..

    Yes, knowing where one is going, or "thinking" you know where you are going is important.
    But better still, is learning to take a deep breath, sit back and let God lead and keep an open mind and heart.

    A few weeks ago, I began a Women's group to study a book, OVER the TOP...Discover God's Extravagant Love. After walking a few weeks with neighborhood women, I mentioned I wanted to start this group - as I really had a need to get closer to God, and did they want to be part of the study? Well, to my surprise and delight, all agreed.

    I'm not a natural leader..it is stressful, so in the beginning I turned the whole project over to God; attempted to have no expectations, and decided to see what each week would bring. Each week, I still have to keep turning it over to Him..

    Each time we meet, we learn more! More about God, more about each other and as we open up amongst ourselves, I can feel God smiling - as we are bonding with Him and one another, learning to trust.

    We are taking our time going through each chapter, answering the questions, looking up Bible text - often we don't finish a chapter, and that's ok. It's not a race - but a journey and as we share our life experiences with one another, sometimes we laugh a lot; other times we are serious and there are tears, yet it is all good; learning to accept where we've come from and what we've come through; where we are now, and where we are headed!

    Life IS a journey...one I am so thankful to be -taking, with my old "friend" Jesus, and with my new friends.

    The journey can be a little scary, not being in control, but I am learning that I don't need to be in control - it's all right to sit back and let the One who knows best do His thing!
    And best of all, the "bumps" and "detours" in the road are there because that's how it's supposed to be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just thinking about what the trip might have been like if Ron had been like he used to be. So glad you guys have taken the Journey in life that you have, because it gives the rest of us hope.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen, Audrey! And thank you, Ron and Nancy; you are priceless.

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen, Audrey! And thank you, Ron and Nancy; you are priceless!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  6. I suppose that while this experience was playing out in your lives it must have seemed like a colossal waste of time and gas! But it turned out to be a great story to illustrate a very important message. I think most people live their lives just accepting what comes and never considering just where it is they want to go or the best way to get there--goalless and clueless! I know that's the way I lived my life for a very long time. Thank God that's changed! Also, it's very important to help people see the importance of deciding how and where they want to be in life, especially young people. Thanks for great guidance, as always. Roommate

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are right folks! "All things work together for good to those who are called according to His purpose." Romans 8:28

    ReplyDelete