Tuesday, June 28, 2011

God's "Sneaky" Messages

Have you ever wondered why just the right thing, be it a person who cares, a Biblical passage, a TV program, or even a cough drop wrapper can offer you a message - one that raises your level of positivity and negates your fears?

Ron was scheduled to preach, and because of his Parkinson's Disease was concerned that exhaustion would hit him while he was standing at the pulpit, or his speech would trip him up. Tiredness is so very common with PD and when exhausted, depression kicks in easily.

He reached into his pocket for a cough drop, and as he unwrapped it, he noticed that on the Hall's wrapper, there was some writing.  He looked closer and found the words:  "You can do it and you know it."  Funny, the origin of a "shot in the arm," but the question is, was Hall's really the originator of the encouragement, or was Hall's used to pass on a message from Ron's Dad - our Heavenly Dad?

What do you think?



Back to Home Page

5 comments:

  1. I love it when that happens. I remember one significant time in particular. I attended a Women's Retreat (you happened to be one of the speakers that weekend). Things weren't going well at home and I didn't know which way to turn next. At the end of one of the meetings, paraphrased promise cards were passed out as we left. Mine said, "I promise to guide you in the best pathway for your life. You can be assured, I will not abandon you. Love, Jesus" Psalms 32:8. Two days later, as the retreat ended, they passed out 3X5 placques with promises on them. Guess what? Mine said exactly the same thing as my promise card. So I had to ask, did they give every one the same thing? The answer was no, cards and placques were handed out "randomly". They may have been doing it randomly, but my heavenly Father knew exactly what I needed and chose to reinforce it with a card AND a placque. That was 11 1/2 yrs ago and God has kept His promise over and over since that time. When I get anxious about the future, all I have to do is take another look at the placque on my dresser or pull the card out of my Bible and remember.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If we could only see into the spiritual realm we would be soooo amazed at God's handy work and how He engourages us each and every day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grace and mercy are poured out in abundance. How has it touched your life today?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it, love it! God is soooo concerned about the details, isn't He? It still just amazes me when I hear "good Christians" who say that they don't like to bug God about the small things in their lives. Seriously?! What they miss out on!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, signs...
    When I am harried, and hurrying to get the car loaded with cooler bag and freezer packs, and get out to do groceries and other errands before the 110 degree heat hits, my gorgeous red resident male cardinal does a fly-by and then lands in the closest Palo Verde tree to the car port.

    It is God's reminder of how much He loves me!
    When that happens..I pause, smile, and remember to take a deep breath, and realize God has just spoken to me again through nature - which always soothes and slows me down and helps me to put things back into perspective.
    All that is important WILL get done and my heavenly Father goes before me - each step of the way.

    ReplyDelete