Sunday, June 12, 2011

Heavy Learnin'

Today we are doing something that I personally have resisted for a long time.  We are learning Facebook.
Our wonderful friend and assistant, Audrey, flew here to NM to teach us, and while I was thrilled to have her with us for a few days, I HONESTLY dreaded having to sit with the computer on my lap, feeling its heat and the heat in my brain as I would struggle to learn a modern way to connect.  After all, I am a  great-grandma!

Amazing how what we picture as our future creates our feelings today! So as I awakened with a headache this morning, knowing that I would have to fix breakfast and then try to get my head around something I didn't care to see, but knew I HAD to, I was not a happy camper!

So breakfast done, shower taken, I sat in my chair awaiting the dreaded lessons.  But . . .

What to my wondering eyes should appear, a teacher who was able to allay all my fear!

OK, so now I've been "at it" for nearly four hours, and I'm having a blast!  So much so that I just asked Ron how he planned to eat if I was going to be the Facebook Person. 
"Easy," he said, "You have two hands!  One for Facebook and one for cooking!"

This can be addictive!  Anyone with this concern?

Back to Home Page

4 comments:

  1. Welcome to the world of FB!

    We love you in Portland, OR!

    GBU, Sylvia Brown

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suppose that while this experience was playing out in your lives it must have seemed like a colossal waste of time and gas! But it turned out to be a great story to illustrate a very important message. I think most people live their lives just accepting what comes and never considering just where it is they want to go or the best way to get there--goalless and clueless! I know that's the way I lived my life for a very long time. Thank God that's changed! Also, it's very important to help people see the importance of deciding how and where they want to be in life, especially young people. Thanks for great guidance, as always. Roommate

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Doctors Rockeys,
    Always looking forward to your words of wisdom, care and love that spills out on the web to keep us updated and informed~ You both have made a fantastic team to bring the needed knowledge to all who will venture into the learning.
    Thank you for the blessing you have been
    Lovingly, Darleen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, YES! All the things I could get done if it weren't for Facebook! Welcome to the world of social networking! We've all been waiting for you!

    ReplyDelete