Saturday, April 21, 2012

Overwhelmed?

Ever feel overwhelmed? Got too much to do and no time to do it? Want to accomplish so much and make your surroundings look perfect? That's me, but I'm learning.

You know, people who love you don't really care if your house, your yard and your person looks perfect. In reality, they would rather have you be there for them than to make everything look perfect.

Wish I had come to that much earlier in my life. I probably would have more energy now than I do. My children wouldn't have had to deal with such a perfectionist for a mother, one who had to keep up appearances and have the children look and be perfect.

So yes, it's spring, and I'd love to do a bunch of Spring Cleaning, but with this degenerating back, I am going to have to pick and choose. Actually, simplifying would be a great task to accomplish, and I have already begun. Two chairs leaving tomorrow, and a bunch of clutter being collected for a church yard sale - YEA! Tools will be sifted through soon and son-in-laws get first dibs, then Eric and then the church's yard sale.

Simplifying makes life so much easier, and one's disposition so much sweeter. And it's so much easier to relax when you aren't looking at so many things. So.o.o. have fun this spring, and then chill!





Back to Home Page

No comments:

Post a Comment