Monday, April 16, 2012

Reflecting

Hi Friends!

My life began with one arm tied behind my back, so to speak. It was World War II and my father was in the Army, and missing from home. My first few years were without him, with Mother parenting alone. Just before Dad was sent to Europe, Mom conceived my brother who was born and died before my Dad came back home and the war was over. Sad and difficult years

Life took a rather dramatic turn then, and the rest of my "at home years" were difficult. After college graduation, I met the man of my dreams, but our marriage turned into a nightmare for the first 12 years. Finally we determined to "pull out all the stops" to make marriage work, and did so.

As I look back, I am grateful for all of the experiences we've either endured or enjoyed. They have made us who we are and given us courage and faith for the future. Currently we are in the famous Golden Years, and finding body parts we didn't know we had - aches and pains have alerted us. And guess what? We are happier than we've ever been. We laugh at the aches and pains and the restricted abilities that have become a part of our lives.

Rather than sit and suffer, we choose to move along, keep working at our ministry and even dreaming of other projects to enhance ministry. No rocking chairs here!

Thank you God for nearly 47 years together and in love, and a purpose for our lives!
How has your history shaped you?






Back to Home Page

No comments:

Post a Comment